Sign in or
Upstate Teaching Online Home
Welcome to the Upstate Teaching Online Wiki
Check back often for News & UpdatesYour Participation is encouraged!! Please let me know if you have trouble accessing any of the materials or with any of the edit functions. You can reach me by phone at 5470, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, GoogleChat - email@example.com, Live Messenger - firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Tips:
- Posted on March 9, 2010: Kim, J. (2010). Online teaching advice for Matt Wasowski. From BlogU Learn at Inside Higher Ed. Includes a nice 'advice' for those new to teaching online.
- Posted on February 16, 2010: Gruenbaum, E. A. (2010) Predictors of success for adult online learners: A review of the literature. eLearn Magazine.
- Posted on July 30, 2009: Olt, M. R. (2009) Seven Strategies for Plagiarism-proofing Discussion Threads in Online Courses. MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching. Vol 5, #2, June 2009.
- Posted on July 27, 2009: This article is not that recent, but has nice tips as we all gear up and build courses for fall semester: Sull, E. C. How to Motivate Your Students, from eLearn Magazine from ACM Media.
- Posted on July 21, 2009: 3 Brainstorm Ideas for your Next E-Learning Course, from The Rapic E-Learning Blog
- Another older (October 2, 2007), but very useful post from The Rapid E-Learning Blog: What Everybody Ought to Know about Using PowerPoint for E-Learning
Join the Palmetto Blackboard Users Group via Blackboard Connections:
1. Create an account via Bb Passport here: https://passport.blackboard.com/signup.aspx 2. Go to http://connections.blackboard.com to find Palmetto Bug via the Community Groups by Region area
Listen to this excellent talk about copyright:2. Webcast of James Boyle (William Neal Reynolds Professor of Law and co-founder of the Center for the Study of the Public Domain at Duke Law School) recent talk at University of Mary Washington's Faculty Academy: Cultural Agoraphobia: What Universities Need to Know About Our Bias Against Openness via the UMW Faculty Academy Blog pageBe sure to check out James Boyle's website at: http://www.law.duke.edu/boylesite/ , especially the Bound by Law comic
Latest page update: made by cljennin
, Mar 16 2010, 8:31 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by cljennin
42 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|dalesaylor||Online Course Tips and Techniques||0||Aug 14 2009, 12:37 PM EDT by dalesaylor|
|cljennin||A ? from Jane Addision - on behalf of "first-timers" to "veterans"||2||Apr 23 2009, 7:28 PM EDT by fjenkins|
|cljennin||A ? from Susannah Waldrop about EIP for online courses||0||Apr 22 2009, 4:17 PM EDT by cljennin|
Thread started: Apr 22 2009, 4:17 PM EDT Watch
To all wiki members:
Susannah would like to learn from you your thoughts on customizing the Early Intervention Program to allow for addressing issues peculiar to the online courses. Consider the 'special' nature of issues in the online courses and how students might benefit from contact from Susannah via EIP. What would you consider "reportable" issues via EIP - like infrequent log in, failure to meet deadlines, etc....What are challenges you have faced? She welcomes your feedback/suggestions.
Showing 3 of 3 threads for this page